Newsletter 2023 April
We are happy to share with you that in its 10th year of existence, Susteq has reached the milestone of dispensing 1 billion liters of water! From installing our first systems in Kenya in 2013, we now have over 1000 Susteq systems operating in 9 African countries, dispensing 1.2 million liters of water and reaching more than 250.000 end users daily. And counting!
New cooperation in Rwanda
Last year our Kenya distributor Maji Milele started a new cooperation with WASAC Ltd, the national water utility of Rwanda. After a first successful pilot, 49 systems are currently in use, with the aim to upscale to 200 systems.
“This technology has led to a notable increase in revenue from water sales and a reduction in levels of non-revenue water. […] With the water meters, consumers are able to collect water at a time most convenient to them, reducing long queues of people that were previously lining up to collect water before the kiosks closed.”Water and Sanitation Corporation (WASAC), Rwanda
The SCALE project is a Water Operators’ Partnerschip with VEI (Dutch Water Operators), co-funded by Sustainable Water Fund (FDW).
We are happy to expand our presence in another East African country and look forward to see WASAC increase their sustainable water services. Click here to watch a video with first-hand experience of the Susteq Solution by WASAC.
Susteq in Malawi
We are pleased to announce that Susteq has a new distributor in Malawi: Hope Water. We have already done the first successful project in Malawi using the Susteq Solution and are now partnering to support others.
The documentary Lilongwe Water Works? by Maria Rusca sheds some light on the challenges of water kiosk management in Malawi’s capital.
Poor consumers are expected to pay the increasing operational costs of the WUAs [Water Users Associations, red], which almost triple the bulk price charged by the Water Board.”
We are in the final stages of the development of a new online dashboard for our end-users and distributors. Some of the new features include:
- Fast-response and user-friendly
- Improved alerts for efficient maintenance
- Easy analysis and graphics of all the things you want to know
- Improved API support
- 2-factor authentication
We plan to roll out the new dashboard in the coming months. Find out how it can work for you here.
Why choose the Susteq solution?
- Dutch-developed and Europe-made hardware and software. Susteq is ISO 9001 certified.
- The designers are still the core of Susteq: high quality technical advice is never far away.
- Solid design with stainless steel front and solar powered (5W).
- System and data ownership is with you. We do not charge for liters dispensed.
Adapted to your needs
- 1, 2 or 3 taps per system, serving more customers per system.
- 1” or 2” outlet diameter for fast dispensing even with low pressure.
- Easy to set flexible pricing options.
- Mobile payment integration since 2018.
- Integration with existing billing systems through an API.
Easy to use for you
- Can operate without mobile network being present
- Intelligent real time warning system for preventing breakdowns
- Automatic software updates
… and your clients
Everyone in Hadad has got one of these tags. When the tag is held to the water ATM, the water comes down. It’s as simple as that.”Abdullah Sif, Hadad Water Vendor
Susteq in Media
- Last year Deutsche Welle made a video on the Susteq solution in Kibera and Mathare, Nairobi, in function since 2018. Find out about the experiences of the community here.
- This video tells the story of Juma: a journey from a broken handpump and dirty water to a solar-powered pre-paid water system. We congratulate Water Compass with a functionality rate above 99% for all their solar-powered water supply systems in Uganda, for the 4th consecutive year!
Newsletter 2022 June
New and improved website
Susteq is proud of what they already accomplished over the past few years, with help of your support. To maintain this and to improve further partnerships, we have improved our website. We made a brand-new website, where you can find information about
- Why you should choose the solution of Susteq;
- Our product;
- Realized projects with your help;
- Resellers and what we offer for collaborations.
In addition, we are very happy to announce that we have achieved the IS09001 Certificate. The ISO9001 standard is based on several quality management principles including
- A strong customer focus.
- Motivation and implication of top management.
- The process approach.
- Continual improvement.
Advantages of the ISO9001 are increasing the customer satisfaction, certification of good quality, improved price- quality ratio and adaptability.
During the last five years, we have dispenced 750.000.000 litres of water. Each month this number is increasing with 20 million litres. This is a big milestone for Susteq, which we are very proud of.
MORUWASA project launched in Tanzania
To improve the drinking water supply and sanitation services for the people of Morogoro, World Waternet and Morogoro Water Supply and Sanitation Authority (MORUWASA) in Tanzania collaborate in a WaterWorX partnership, including Susteq.
World Waternet, together with Susteq and Villagepump, supports MORUWASA with the rehabilitation of 10 water kiosks and the implementation of the prepayment systems. The integrated payment system enables token payments to let water users fill their jerrycans on demand. The kiosk uses mature ultrafiltration membrane technology, it guarantees reliability, endurance, and low maintenance efforts to produce high quality, pathogen free drinking water.
We always want to learn from you and like to share our own experience. Our goal is to make your project a success and get safe water to more people. If you like to exchange thoughts on your water projects success or to do a collaboration, please feel free to contact us!
All the best on behalf of the Susteq team.